Hey y’all! Welcome to Live Laugh Grow. I am Laura the creator of LLG (Live Laugh Grow) and yes I am from the South. Apologies if the y’all annoys you….it is really just how I talk. 😃
I am so happy that you stopped by for a visit. I would totally offer you a cup of coffee or tea if I could! Go ahead and fix yourself your drink of choice ☕ and get comfy so we can talk homeschool.
While your coffee is dripping, let me introduce myself. I am known as “Mama” to two beautiful children, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and I am known as Laura Faye to my family and friends. Double name…another southern thing. I am a former career mom converted to a coffee drinking homeschooling mom, something I never dreamed of. And I am blessed to say that I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over 15 years…..my how time flies!
We are currently in year two of our homeschooling journey, so getting started is fresh in my mind. You name it and we have tried it when it comes to education: Montessori, Public, Private, and In-Home and Paid Daycare. I am happy to report homeschool seems to be the breath of fresh air we were longing for. Check out Our Homeschool Decision for more about why we decided to give homeschooling a try.
Live Laugh Grow is a place that new homeschool moms can come to find answers to those beginner homeschooling questions such as:
- Is there anything I should do to let me state or local school know that I plan to start homeschooling?
- How do I build my own age-appropriate curriculum?
- Where can I find a like-minded support group?
- Where do I start with planning our homeschool?
- Where can I find curriculum material that is not religious?
- Is it really possible to work and homeschool too?
- What are some ideas and resources for curriculum outside of the core subjects?
- What does homeschooling really look like day to day?
- How much does it really cost to homeschool?
And the list goes on and on. I am sure you are wondering how in the world a second-year homeschooler could possibly answer all those questions. Well, the truth is right now I only have answers published for some of them. I am currently working my tail off to put all the information that you will need in a single place. I am not going to sell myself as some kind of homeschool expert, because I am not.
But I am just like you. I want to homeschool my kids. I want to do an awesome job. I want my kids to be lifelong learners and to have a passion for life and what they do. And I want to share EVERYTHING that I know and find to help you along your way.
That is what life is right? A series of events and conversations that move us along. And we can either choose to learn everything we can from them and find joy in helping others or not. I choose to research, question, and then teach you what I learn. That is why we are having coffee together right? To swap stories and learn and share and grow.
I know first hand that making the decision to homeschool your kids is hard. Then on top of making the choice to step out of the norm, we have to know the best way to respond to random questions about why we are homeschooling, and then we actually have to create our homeschool and prepare our children to be adults. What a job we set ourselves up for!
I am excited to share our homeschool journey together. I look forward to swapping stories, sharing tips with you and getting you set up with a homeschool that you love!
Now it is your turn to introduce yourself.
Send me an email at [email protected] or give me a shout out on Instagram or Facebook. I would love to know your name, how you found me, what you are looking for help with, and exactly where you are in your homeschooling journey. And since I am working to turn Live Laugh Grow into the place that meets all of your homeschool needs, tell me what you want to see!
New homeschoolers start here:
- Homeschool Beginner Bootcamp
- How to Start Homeschooling Checklist
- Homeschool Expenses the First Year
- Making Sense of Homeschooling Styles
- 8 Must Watch Homeschooling TED Talks
- 10 Fundamental Questions to Ask Before Homeschooling
- Why Not Consider Year-Round Homeschooling?
- Must-Have Homeschool Supplies
Need some help figuring out how you can find the time and money to homeschool? Check these out:
- How to Fail & Succeed at Becoming a Single Income Family
- 6 Ways to Simplify Your Life Now
- How to be a More Productive Mom
Looking for some simple and yummy recipes? Check out these DELICIOUS treats:
Stick around, I want you to live, laugh and grow with me on this journey. I post every week and would love to hear from you anytime!